No rain, no flowers: Uplifting things about rainfall
Posted on 11 July 2017
It may be raining across much of the United Kingdom - including here in Dorset - but try not to feel down about this muggy weather. Here are some things to lift your spirits about the damp, and to explain why the rain is 100% our type on paper...
- ☔️ No showers, no flowers. In a few days, wild flowers will be blooming across the countryside after all of these sporadic rain showers!
- 🚗 Free car wash. The perfect excuse to avoid washing the car.
- 👢 Wellie boots! Get your wellington boots (or gum boots as they say down under) out - every loud colour and pattern - and make good use of them.
- 😴 No-guilt Sunday lazy days. At least if it's chucking it down outside, you can lounge about in your over-sized jim-jams and over-worn fluffy slippers guilt-free.
- 🌈 Rainbows! Of course, the sun is needed too, but no rain means no rainbows.
- 🎶 Melancholy songs. Ideal weather to match the mood of most of Coldplay's earlier stuff. #ParachutesAlbum
Make like a flower and embrace the H2O!